Sunday, May 03, 2009

Weekend in review

Posted by Alienfloyd

First of all I have to say I am extremely proud of my brother -in-law Tyler.  He graduated this week and also won a Student of the Year award. He was also accepted in one of the best schools in his field for a Masters program. Their son was born a few weeks ago, I held him for the second time today, I admit the first time I got a little emotional. Great job Tyler and Linny!!! We will miss you guys.  


I had another cool weekend with my family. (Yes including my wife) We had fun at Rick and Teresa's playing games with them and Dave and Gabrielle.  It was nice to laugh after a particularly tough week.  I took my kids to the various stores that Tooele has to offer on Saturday after the rain canceled our hike. Natalie loves to hike and when I said we weren't going she literally burst into tears. She proceed to cry the rest of the day when I would not buy her a stuffed animal at DI. We went to Wendy's where we saw real cowboys with chaps and spurs and then a dozen or so soldiers in camou came in as well as the 9 or 10 year old boy that talked on his celly like a big person.. Dude with phone wouldn't stop staring at Addy. I found my protective instincts kicking in.  

I have come to the conclusion that I save to much...surprise!  I was shredding in my garage..the kids were playing outside and soon I had an audience, then I had active participants in the shredding process. Who knew it could be so entertaining.  So picture "OCD guy who never throws anything away and has to look at everything before he shreds trying to control the 6 extra hands throwing thing into the shredder at way uncomfortable speeds.  Fortunately I have been consulting advice on the Internet on what to keep and for how long. It is eye-opening and relevant especially in the age of identity theft.

Now to get a little heavy. on second thoughts no.  Too soon.

Now for something completely random:  If I were obsessed with wood? Would I want to live in a forest or would it be to distracting?

I have to say that the chicken tonight was phenomenal. Great job Kara.  Thanks Mom and Dad for having us non Davis county types over. :) 

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

What does that mean "yes including my wife"????
It was a great weekend aside from the migraine!! I love ya!!!
and no we could not live in a forest!!

Unknown said...

LOL I thought the same thing! LOLOLOL

I personally think that the "root" of the problem is not actually LIVING in the forest- it is much Harder to define than that.

Stac said...

I'm not sure if I should run up to your office and random start shredding (no lab data of course). OR question you about your "wood" comment...

I loved this.

Lindsey said...

Thanks Bry. I am proud of him too. He's worked his bum off. It's ok to get emotional it makes me feel good inside. haha. We will miss you too. It's going to be very hard to move.... but it'll be worth it. hahaha....living in a forest would scare the crap out of me. && the shredding thing is hilarious.