Thursday, January 01, 2009

With a shout!

Posted by Alienfloyd

Day 1 of 2009...Hmmm didn't feel much different from yesterday. It was rather warm tonight like the the calm before the storm.  The prime rib was good a little pink, but excellent flavor. Wade set off some fire works for the kids, that was a first for me, fireworks ...oh wait I think I went downtown Phx one year.  1984.... I'm sitting on the bus trying to not panic as usual Robert Palmer's "I didn't mean to turn you on" is playing.  Being the kid that analyzed all lyrics, I never bought into the whole I listen because of the beat  B.S.  I'm 9 or 10 wondering what is he talking about does she have a switch and she doesn't sound too happy now Robert.  The next song in my flash back would be Mony Mony ride a freakin pony Billy Idol or was the Cougar Mellancamp, can someone set me straight.. that song messed with my head as well.  2009 "What Difference does it make" by the Smiths is in one ear and Big Bang Theory in the other and the irony is killing me.  

I found great joy in sitting in the basement at my in-laws building towers of blocks with Nate, they were the kind that you could drop marbles through and they go through the maze and drop out the bottom, very cool.  Back to the bus and that stupid Puttin' on the Ritz song...blah blah blah Gary CoopaH!.   I can't wait to get home and walk through the rattle snake field. San Diego was awesome ..."Sweetness I was only joking ..."  Smith's. How I met your mother.

1 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I look forward to the up coming year with you! The Robert Palmer song also bothered me. but the pink back ground in the video with all the girls dressed the same. Good times and Mony Mony will always remind me of church dances aughhh!
I love you!