Thursday, January 15, 2009

Undefiled

Posted by Alienfloyd

The birthday was sobering and surprisingly chill. It was great! Thanks to Lori and the kids, Thor, Jen, all the well wishers. It was groovy to go eat lunch with my Dad and two brothers at Jason's Deli. 


When I turned 8 a plane crashed into a river outside DC, then today a plane crashes into the Hudson. Life is short and I find myself in a position in my life that requires me to think quickly, be right most of the time, and not hold back.  Welcome to the unrecognisable me. I am not the same person I used to be.  
Sometime I want to revert back to the shelled anti-social daydreamer put on my Floyd and zone out and pretend I have no responsibility.  It's never the same, I no longer put the cassette player on continuous play  and fall asleep to the sweet sorrow that lies over the land and fall into the leaden sky. One slip and down the hall I fall. What colors will tomorrow bring? 

1 comments:

Thor'sblog said...

yeah having responsibility sucks some time, but hey at least achievement brings rewards that inactivity cannot.