Monday, July 23, 2012

23 July 2012

Posted by Alienfloyd

We found out that we are having a girl. I'm excited about that, Lucy will have a buddy close to her age.
Potential names: Amy, Elayne, Arya, Ruth, Miriam or Isla.

At least once a month I like to hit the local Graywhale and find some music.  Today after the doctor visit I visited Graywhale and found the following:
Pixies at the BBC
Pixies: collection of videos etc.
Miles Davis Birth of Cool.
Monitor This comp. with The Cult and Joe Bonamassa etc.

I can't stop listening to the Mile Davis; it has a relaxing yet inspirational flow. This partclar CD has recordings from 1949 and 1950.  I picked up Kind of Blue a few years ago and it quickly became one of my favorite Jazz albums. I took a Jazz appreciation class in college, it was a tough class but it opened my mind to an amazing world of jazz music. Coltrane, Parker, Getz, Glen Miller, Ella Fitzgerald, Thelonius Monk, Duke Ellington and many others.

Peace

0 comments: