Sunday, December 27, 2009

Metanoeo

Posted by Alienfloyd

It is with a humble heart I sit down to compose a few words. It was good to be with family this Christmas weekend. We began with Christmas eve at Mike and Shana's. Christmas Day at our home and then a dinner at my parents with all my brothers and sisters and family. Prime rib at Chuck and Judy's on Saturday an then Quinn's blessing on Sunday. I felt at ease for the first time in many years. It was fun, the kids had fun.

Christmas day I was living on three consecutive days of 4-5 hours of sleep and it had caught up to me. I was grumpy, trying really hard to stay focused and enjoy the day. It took the surprise smile of a little man poppin' up in front of me unexpectedly. It took me a few seconds to realize it was Max, Lindsey's boy. Those few minutes brightened my day and made me forget my grumpiness.

I 've always been sensitive to contention. I hate it, I despise yelling, arguing for malicious intent and tormenting of the innocent. Ironically it causes me to become angry. This is followed by depression and self loathing for becoming that which I hate. A little insight into me. Take it for what its worth.

I'm really excited to have a big boy Ipod, I still love my shuffle for running. Thanks Dave and Lori, bytheway Dave repairs Ipods http://www.mypooripod.com/

I will miss my brother when he moves away to CO.

Tim blessed Quinn today. Tim your awesome!

LST Tomorrow.

Peace



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing you do not live with my brother- he is a mean jerk to everyone around him!

Lindsey said...

That makes me happy. LST was so great. It was fun to be around you guys!