Sunday, July 26, 2009

4 starry nights and then rain

Posted by Alienfloyd

So I spent a week in the high Uinta's at Camp Tomahawk. I loved the night skies clear and moon free revealing the stars in all their glory. It was so peaceful a times it was a spiritual experience. No phone, no TV , no distractions (other than the boys singing Disney tunes). It's not hard to see how one can get into camping and back country adventure and into scouting at such a cool place. I did miss my family and I wished they were with me.

I was nicknamed Heath after the Joker, one of the boys said I like to go out at night and kill people. Nice! I guess I've made a good impression. Pffttt! Then Kevin and Chris started laughing and I could sense the Brokeback jokes... Ahh yeah gotta love camp.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

brokeback haha.. sickie. I'm glad you had a pretty good time. You've always been the more out doors type. um miss ya