Thursday, March 05, 2009

Son of a Y

Posted by Alienfloyd

Normally I don't care about sports that much, I do like college basketball.  I however am blown away by the fanatic. Let's use BYU fanatic as an example and compare them to another fanatic ummmm who should I choose....Hitler. Ok Hitler it is.  The fanatic is so completely entrenched in there fandom that they view everything from the eyes of a fanatic.. it is in a sense a religion. If one is brash enough to question there fandom IE religion you are promptly put in your place with the clear understanding that if you cross the line again there will be consequences. This could be a diatribe filibuster on why their team..er deity is the all powerful force in the particular sport and how dare you question their authority.  Gone is logic, for example if you did not go to that school then you are pathetic for being a fan of that school. This clearly smacks of fascism. If you are not blond, blue eyed and straight (this my not apply as we have learned of the perversion of fascists) then you are subhuman not worthy to talk to the more elite fanatic.  If you did not go to that school and you are a fan then somehow you are not able to comment, cheer for or do what ordinary fans do. This philosophy clearly alienates those people that love their teams, buy the merchandise, go to the games, but heaven forbid did not attend college, or went to that school.

This mentality will in the end be the downfall of these individuals especially if alcohol is involved. The alcohol doesn't apply to BYU...oh wait you would be foolish to assume it didn't. 

3 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Good thing for me I am blonde and blue eyes and yes I am straight! I was worried for a moment!

Thor'sblog said...

So it BYU is hitler then the U must be ... hmmm interesting. I agree by the way!

BeauRollins said...

Anyone see wher ei put my bottle of vodka?