Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two Wheels

Posted by Alienfloyd


The blue Vanagon, the fun bus of fun with a capital FU...hahahaha. When I was a small boy I had drove my parents VW. I had wrecked the exterior twice before I had my official license. I loved that beast. I was reminded recently that I got on two wheels once at least. My kids aren't driving.


Concerts, dances out in BFE and TEmpe, yes I drove, the paper route, even the Pennysaver on occasion(frowned upon of course). Endless trips to SLC. My my what fun it was. Chinese fire drills, bouncing that beast like a Cholo with hydraulics. Blasting Nirvana, Pixies New order and the cUlt. Happy times.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You must delete this! My husband wants a vanagon- still! to this day! When we went to buy our first car- he spent 2 hours trying to talk me into getting one- I made him buy me a Jetta instead.

Lindsey said...

Mom nearly broke my nose in that car. She hit the brakes and I was in the front seat on my knees?...no seat belt...4 years old...slammed my face into the dash and my nose bled like mad. That was terrible. We were taking her Young Women home after an activity.

Stac said...

I love these wagon/vans... they are so awesome. I think everyone has to ride in one at some time in their lives, if not , own one. I love the two wheels part and the fact that you dented the vehicle before you got a license.