Monday, August 04, 2008

Don't ask me Why..

Posted by Alienfloyd

Why do we care? We had a discussion about politics today at work. I left feeling the frustration that I think most people feel right now. Gas is down nation wide but not in Utah, Obama scares the heck out of me. Iran is in manipulation mode(What's their endgame huh liberal pinko commies?) McCain speaks well but will he deliver.
My heart is heavy right now, but I have a glimmer of hope. This hope I fear writing because it is intensely personal. Nonetheless it is there.
I feel free because I do not feel the need to judge everyone I meet. Does that mean I need to be naive. No! I try to see people as they are and as they can become. That is not an easy task because some people's outer exterior portrays hardness, rebellion, callousness. Sometimes the most evil are in the expensive suits with the starched collars. The fake plastic smiles and the hollow eyes. Drug induced stupors, nicotine constricted capillaries.
Just one fix, one thrill, one fling. No sting no consequences....yet.
Still there is hope, there is happiness beyond measure, the smiling face, the light filled eyes, the bright countenance, glowing personalities the guileless and free. Sounds like my kids, wish it were me. I ran into an old mentor on Saturday, one who changed my life that still is in effect today. His family finally got the home they deserved in the hills of Bountiful. Close to one of my favorite places on this planet. The Bountiful Temple.
It brings tears to my eyes as I think about it. If only I could take an ounce of the pure joy that is associated with that sacred place and transfer it to those who have yet to enter.
Is it not our goal in life to be happy and free. When I say free I mean guilt free, lightened of our burdens and sins.The Savior of the world is the key.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same about everything you just talked about. Ugh.

I need sushi. you guys are coming.