Sunday, July 13, 2008

"White"

Posted by Alienfloyd

White is for the white board our home teachers used today for their lesson. My kids paid as much attention as a 2, 4 and 10 year old could. They talked about the Plan of Salvation. For those that don't know this is the plan instituted before the world was created, which will allow all the sons and daughters of God to return to that God which gave them life.
I appreciate having home teachers, they hold me accountable for how I am taking care of my family. They do not judge and are great men of God.
I was talking with Thor the other day about kids. We both agreed that life would not be the same without them. Today I went from a frustrating pooh frenzy to holding my little boy in my arms entirely innocent and angelic nearly making me cry.
I watched my kids play with there cousins at my parents this weekend. It made me extremely happy to watch how well they all played together, developing those bonds that will last a lifetime.
White is also for purity. This has to be worth more than all the gold in the world. The world is all about stealing the purity away from our kids. Natalie was upset the other day and she said "I want to be big in a voice that absolutely broke my heart. I told no Nat just be a kid don't worry about being big. I can stay pretty even keeled emotionally though out the day and at work, but 5 minute with my children and I run the gamut of emotions.
Lori asked me a scripture on marriage that was my favorite. The one that instantly came to mind was Moroni 7:45
45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
(Book of Mormon Moroni 7:45)
I don't believe a marriage especially an eternal one will succeed without charity. I certainly have a long way to go, but I see marriages and hear of marriages crumbling all around, I can't help but wonder what an ounce of charity would accomplish.
Enough for tonight
Peace

4 comments:

Chelli said...

Fun blog. It was a great weekend. Fun to see you. I agree Charity is a necessary part of a loving, Eternal, marriage!

Tooele Brezoff said...

Bryan, I love you. I read that scripture at Young Womens and almost started crying, you could have heard a pin drop! Thank you for your help.

Deanie said...

great thoughts and stuff. I also loved watching the grandkids playing with each other and enjoying each other. Made me happy. They were all so cute.

Unknown said...

Nice Bryan- always like the diversity of your posts