Monday, June 01, 2009

Acoutrements of Fascination

Posted by Alienfloyd

I have been pondering the dichotomy of my existence lately. On one hand I want to retain the youthful enjoyments of music and concerts on the other I want to be an up standing father and husband. I want to ride the hills and run the streets pushing my body to the extreme.  I want to play with my kids make them laugh and  have fun.  I guess this last concert caught up with me. I think I will be a little more careful next time. I can't handle the hard harsh screamy  crap anymore. (But you went to NIN? I did and loved every minute, maybe because it's not screamy screamo, but from an actual musician.)  I digress,  Basically my wants are are just that, wants.  Needs, ..asceticism.  Who cares! 


I like Lime Rickey's I tried Brandon's  recipe, except I used Grape Crush instead of Fanta. I think I liked it better. (3 teaspoons of lime juice) 

I am reading a great book right now called the Tipping Point. A band that is Tipping past the point right now is TATE(The Airborne Toxic Event).  They have renewed my love of modern music.  Check them out on Youtube.  When we were walking in to the Venue the band playing was the Street Dogs. "Wow all these Boston bands sound the same, I said" I was thinking of the DKM(Dropkick Murphy's). Low and behold the lead singing of the Street Dogs was the lead for DKM. Sweet ! 

Have you ever sweat so bad that the stench of yourself is hard to bear.
Do you see the gathering clouds....?



I want to surf an Ice-nine wave...


0 comments: