Tuesday, April 22, 2008

34

Posted by Alienfloyd

So I read my sis's blog it was quite inspiring. I though I would give it a try. 34 for the years I 've been.





1. Grandma Bonnie, she left this world when I was eight. I did not comprehend it at the time. I thought it was a cruel joke. She was a big part of my world as a kid. I have felt her close at times during my life, its a weird comfortable feeling.





2. Water. I love the sound of running water. It puts me in a zen like state. I remember as a small child laying at the door when my dad took a shower.





3. The water reminded me of trains. I love the sound of trains as well. One of my favorite albums is entitled "Chill out" from the KLF. They incorporate the sounds of trains throughout the album.





4. Music ,there was a time I was obsessed with music, eat drink sleep music. I would often fall a sleep with my walkman set to repeat on the cassette. I have since cut way back but I love to talk music and have very strong opinions on much of the low-rate tripe that spews out of the airways.





5. Patriotism: Love of country was instilled early in my life, whether through my Dad, scouting or JROTC. It was solidified in the 4 years of high school ROTC. I get choked up when I see the names of the men and women that died each week. The men and women who die for my freedom is a sacred thing, it infuriates me that the politicians and the media tie their hands and get them killed.





6. Microbiology: I find the world of the unseen organism that surround us fascinaiting.





7. Books: I was an asthma shut -in for a good portion of my early years. I read alot, Grandma Alta got me into the Westerns. This is another topic too large for now.





8. Robert Doyle: Some of you know him most of you don't. He was a youth leader that had a profound effect on me. He gave me a compliment one day that changed how I thought about myself and it has become a mantra on how I try to live. He passed away when I was in NC on my mission. He was around my age now when he died.



9. The desert: I love the desert, the Sonoran to be specific. I love the early mornings when everything is alive. Many hours spent looking through Arizona highways. Sedona, Moab, Arches.



10. Techno: love hate love hate love.



11. The hotel: a special kind of hell, but it was where I met Lori. Only those that worked there know what I mean. Maybe everyone has had a soul sucking job.



12. Alpha (tragic) I loved my time working for the Alpha team. I met the coolest people over the 4.5 years. It got me through school and helped me keep my sanity.



13. I am a libertarian at heart, I want to be free, free to have a good time hey come on lets get loaded. (primal scream).

14. I like to quote obscure lyrics and watch peoples expressions. The more confused the better.

15. I run for the pure challenge of it. It is not fun, it is work.

16. There exists a strange video created by Travis, Cliff and others that I hope was destroyed.

17. I miss the traditional mosh pits. There was a time when it was a controlled chaos of fun.

18. My brothers and I fought like mad growing up. Maybe that is why we get along now. I am proud of their success's in life. My sisterss are rocks of strength.

19. Addy is my independent daughter that I wish I could show her the potential I see in her.

20. Natalie is a kindred spirit, going through the early asthma trials with her solidified a deep bond. I think I have a glimpse of what my parents went through with me.

21. Nathan makes me smile when he walks into the room. He is a unique and funny little guy. Smart as a whip and tough as nails. If his sister hadn't taught him to cry he rarely would.

22. Johnny Nixon. Wow, It would not be a stretch to say my children make life worth living.

23. Lori Ann. We have been married 11 or 12 years. We have been through the grinder of life together and have come out stronger than ever. I love her now more than ever.

24. Non sequiter--Radiohead is one of the best bands.

25. Pink Floyd brings out such deep and sometimes painful memories I can rarely listen to them any more. Specifcally A momentary lapse of reason.

26. I am an observer, I see things going on around me , my nicknames were Gumby, Radar and Peanut in High School. As well as being called by my last name.

27. Mesa Temple: Suffice it to say this is one of the most sacred spots on the planet for me.

28. I miss my Phoenix friends still after all these years. I see a couple on occasion.

29. I have an intense desire to learn the guitar and the saxophone.

30. My favorite song is That Smiling Face by Camouflage.

31. Ironing is zen.

32. I never wanted to exist after my 18th birthday, (how I have changed).

33. I love U2 up through Achtung Baby.

34. I tend to only see the best in the people I am close to or who I consider friends. I have learned to never be offended and never hold a grudge, like I said I want to be free.

8 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I LOVE YOU!

Lindsey said...

First off. That was awesome.
I used to do the SAME thing while dad took a shower. I still can't hardly seem to get moving when ty's got the shower water running.
I can't listen to Pink Floyd either anymore, yuck.
I thought 7, was cute it made me smile.
#8 Amazing. #10 Awesome & so funny. #14. totally describes you exact.
#15. I know what you mean it isnt really that fun. I love the way it makes me feel after and that's why I do it. Unless I can run alone then it's therapy.
#17. Ty has discussed this same thing a many times before.

Saxaphone? Ironing? haha haha. YES! That's too funny. I love it. Good post that was fun to read you almost got me to cry at #1till the end. You're a cool brother...alot I haven't discovered yet. (reason: age gap?)

Tyler said...

running is more than work, it is absolute hell.

Deanie said...

I love you Bryan, You are a special,kind, spiritual person. You always tried to keep us in line. I enjoyed your blog. You weren't called Weird Harold for nothing. haha

Deanie said...

Did you delete my comment?

Lindsey said...

She's so worried :)

Jen-Knee said...

soul sucking job = the job I have now thanks to Thor...hehehe

Jen-Knee said...

soul sucking job = the job I have now thanks to Thor...heheheh