Sunday, February 10, 2008

To be calm in a chaotic world

Posted by Alienfloyd

As I get older and life flies along at a break neck speed, it is the quiet moments I look f forward to. The Sabbath seems to be a source of real rejuvination for me if I use it for such. The tv has to be off for most of the day if not all. My heart has to be framed for the spiritual. This means that church and the sacrament must be attended. I have found peace in the hymns. " I love the Lord" I know my Redeemer lives and O Nata Lux have calmed my soul on many occasions. It funny when I have a very calm uplifting Sunday I find myself wanting that the rest of the week. The trick is to feel that way on Friday.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Interesting. Yes I have learned from you that they hymns do bring more spirituality into a harsh day. I like how you used the word framed. It painted a picture.